Thursday, July 15, 2010

Nature induced mayhem/human induced mayhem

Well, we had quite the storm last night. It made me feel like we were back in Indiana watching a tornado. I even went outside and just enjoyed the rain (which is a first in like a month here) in the middle of lightning and thunder. I loved it! However, it did some damage. Lightning struck our building and burnt a fuse. It also broke one of our windows. This tree is just ouside out appartment. Notice how close it was to this car.

Can you see how the window is only attached by the hindge?


On another note: I, Lindsey Clark Lokodi sewed for the first time since eighth grade. The only other time I've been on a sewing machine was in school. I had to sew an apron. My friend came over the other day and brought everything I needed to make this curtain for my kitchen. She even provided the fabric. She showed me what to do and I DID IT! I can't believe it. My kitchen colors are blue and yellow, so it worked out really well. I was pretty proud of myself. It took forever, but I survived. I'm nowhere near being as domestic as my sisters (and I'm not trying to be because that's just not my thing) but at least I did something productive. :)




9 comments:

The Duke said...

I love that intense look of concentration!!
I'm glad you were safe in the storm. I can't believe how it broke your window.
Good job on the curtains. I'm so impresed with you.

Mike and Adrianne said...

Awesome! I've never made curtains. I love that you are sewing now too! My kitchen is also yellow and blue, though, it's a sky blue. Fun, fun. Move back so we can sew together.

Alisha said...

I totally remember our eighth grade sewing project...and how I sewed the pocket on crooked:) My 1st sewing project since then was also curtains for my kitchen window. You did a great job...I like the colors:)

gillian said...

I just noticed. you dont even have kevin and my blog on your blog list.

Michelle said...

So cool about your curtains. Glad the tree didn't hurt anyone

Michelle said...

So cool about your curtains. Glad the tree didn't hurt anyone

Lokodi said...

Gilly, you need to help me figure some more things out on this. I just took your old one off and haven't added your new one. I'm not sure how to. I'm pathetic, I know. I always just go to mcclarkie blog and look at everyone's.
Adrianne, this isn't going to be a trend. That was enough sewing for me for quite a while. :) It's really not my thing. I'd much rather just have someone else do it I've decided. Too much math to figure out before actually sewing. :)
Alisha, that's hilarious that you remember that dang apron. I think it's left a permanant scar in my brain. Maybe it was just the teacher. How's the baby doing?

Kat said...

Pretty cool lady!!

Papa Doc said...

I is a good thing you put in that picture or I just word have not belived your post.

Dad Clark