Friday, May 29, 2009

Kids will be kids


Well, it rained really hard the other day. Our back yard gets puddles from up the hill. It's quite frustrating to me, but my kids apparently love it. Eva and Gabe both went outside the other morning and had a great time. Eva started taking off all her clothes (which is what she's best at). I told her she had to keep at least her panties on and she said, "ok mommy". Then I let them both go out in the backyard and get dirty. It didn't take long for me to look outside and see that Eva was completely naked. I guess she decided to wash her panties in the puddle.


I think this is my favorite picture of Gabe. He picked up Eva's underware and started swinging it around his head. The water from the panties was flying everywhere.




I had to put this picture on here because it reminded me of a similar picture of me as a child. I have a picture of my brother David and I standing side by side in little white buckets filled with water. I was in a swimming suit and he was only in a diaper. I love that picture because it brings back wonderful memories of my childhood. We always played outside and didn't need the top of the line blow up swimming pools to have a good time. My mom let us get dirty and just be kids.





As much as Eva loves to be naked, she will also dress up and put on everything she's got. She is wearing shorts, a tank top, a too-too skirt, a white slip, a hat and a bandana all at the same time. I love that she can be so tomboyish one minute and a complete pre-madona the next.



5 comments:

Alisha said...

Too bad you get puddles in your yard...but what a fun thing for your kids! I used to dress up like Eva and wear everything I could find:)

Jess and Jen said...

Well, this summer you'll have to come up to our house and let her play dress up with my girls...they'd love to put layer upon layer of dress with her! -Jen

Papa Doc said...

What an extreme daughter you have - all or nothing! :)
I love the intense look on Gabe's face with those underwear. I laughed outloud.
What a lot of fun that had to be. Remember the fire hydrants they would open up in Walton? You guys loved playing in that water. My kids would always be the only kids on the block playing in the water, rain, (swimming in the gutter on your bellies) or playing in the hail and occasional snow in California. Where were all the other kids?! Hey, you've gotta have fun!
Mom

Michelle said...

Looks like your children were having a blast. My boys love mud so I'm sure they would love that puddle you have.

Your daughter is so cute all dressed up.

Emma said...

oh the wonderful puddles!! we get them in our yard too! next door is worse though. :]