Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter

We had a great time on Easter weekend. Saturday, we traveled down to Landstuhle to visit the Terhune family. We had the men go up to the castle on the hill and hide some eggs. Then we took the kids up about 1/2 hour later and let them run loose. We had so many eggs! It was the perfect place to have an easter egg hunt, in the courtyard of a castle.

If you look closer, you will see some of the eggs the men "hid" on this fountain.
Eva sure got some loot. I think she went a little crazy.
These two kids are Eva and Gabe's best buddies. Evan and Sierra Terhune. We were so sad when they had to move an hour away last year. At least they didn't move all the way back to the states.
We also had a few other families come join us. These were just some of the kids.
The courtyard of the castle.
The Terhune family. Lisa is expecting her fifth child any day now. Her due date is May 3rd.

On another note, at the beginning of the year, our Relief Society gave us the challenge to read the entire book of mormon by Easter Sunday. I'm proud to say, Hans and I finished! Hans decided he wanted to do the challenge with me. It was a great experience for us. We have never done that as a couple before. I think we're going to start on the D&C now.

It was a busy Easter Sunday for me. I am the ward choir director, so I had to direct a song we've been working on. I was also asked to sing a solo during Sacrament meeting as well. So, I chose to sing "Come Unto Him". I love that song. It's just a soft, but powerful piece. The only thing I didn't expect was that the entire stake presidency was there because they released our bishop and put in a new one. And of course, I also think there were more people in Sacrament meeting then I've ever seen there before. Then, I also had to give the Relief Society lesson. I got to teach on the conference talk given by Pres. Uchdorf called "Waiting on the Road to Damascus". If you haven't had a chance to listen to that talk yet, I would strongly encourage you to. It was such a beautiful message.

I felt very close to the spirit on Sunday and I'm so grateful for all the opportunities I had that day to talk of Christ. On the drive to church, Eva asked me to tell her the story of Easter. Explaining the true meaning of easter in simple terms to a four year old makes you really ponder on the simple fact that Christ really does live again and we have the opportunity to see him as well as the people we love after this life. How grateful I am for that chance to put my arms around my Savior and thank him personally for his ultimate sacrifice on my behalf.

Lindsey
P.S. We are leaving tomorrow for the Canary Islands, so Adrianne, I just wanted to wish you a very happy birthday and if you have your baby while I'm gone, good luck and I'll pray for you and your baby's good health!

6 comments:

Mike and Adrianne said...

Lindsey, I was just going to say, "I'm loving all these updates on your blog!" It sounds like the perfect Easter. I wish I could have been there for the singing and the lesson. Thanks for the birthday wishes and the prayers. Hopefully she will be here already when you get back.

Jess and Jen said...

You had an egg hunt at a castle...so awesome! You did have a very busy Easter, but it sounded like a great day! Enjoy your vacation! -Jen

Nancy said...

That sounds like a busy, but wonderful Easter. An egg hunt at a castle would be so cool! Have a great time on your vacation!

Michelle said...

I would have loved to be in your ward on Sunday and hear you sing and give a lesson. Thanks for the great update. Having an Easter egg hunt at a Castle would be so fun!

The Duke said...

I would have loved to hear you sing and teach!!
It looks like you had a wonderful Easter weekend.
I also hope you have a great vacation.
I'm impressed that you and Hans read the Book of Mormon together and that you got it done so quickly. We have been reading it with Ammon but we're only in 3 Nephi 11. It will still take us a little longer.
Love you and miss you!!

chelsey said...

What a great memory to have of Easter! Not too many kids can say they've had an egg hunt at a German castle before.

I'm so happy you and Hans finished the challenge together!! I was thinking about that on Sunday, and meant to call you to ask how that went. Brent and I are doing our RS challenge together as well. We're doing a chapter a day. Reading with your spouse always brings out new things you didn't think of before because they have different perspectives than we do. Congrats on the completion of the challenge. I hope your RS followed through and took the challenge as well. Did you get most people to participate?

Have a blast in the Canary Islands. Think of me...I'm so jealous, it's ridiculous. I'd love to be on a beautiful island right now...Jersey shores don't quite compare to an island getaway!