Monday, March 09, 2009

Thank you


Thank you grandma and grandpa Lokodi/Ehrmann. We received your box of clothes for the kids. Eva loved her dresses. I put her in this pink one with the sweater for church on sunday. She looked so cute, if I say so myself.

I guess I should give a little update on our life right now. We are in the process of moving. Life has been bitter sweet these days. I'm finding it very difficult to get used to the idea that we won't be living here anymore. I was able to give one last lesson in Relief Society yesterday. I really enjoyed doing it. At the end of the lesson I bore my testimony and I cried like a baby because the idea of not being able to be in that ward anymore makes me very sad. I have never been in a ward where I have felt so excepted and loved for just being me. I am not the easiest person to get along with. I'm very blunt and oppinionated. However, the women of this ward just seemed to put their arms around me and love me unconditionally. We are a very tight knit family. I had both my babies in this ward. When Gabe was born, Hans was in Iraq and I was so frightened. The ladies here took care of me. I survived thanks to them. Every woman in this ward has touched me in some way or another. I love this gospel and I love the people in it. This church has a way of shaping people into such christ-like beings who genuinely care for one another. I just happen to think my ward here is more loving and christ-like than anywhere else. We have learned to stick together and look after eachother. I just want the women of my ward to know how much I love and appriciate them. I wish and hope that I have been able to touch their lives at least half as much as they have mine. I will be ever grateful for their love and friendship. I thank my heavenly father every day for the wonderful opportunity I have had to be loved in such a way as this. Thank you Wiesbaden Military Ward!

We will be packing up the last of our belongings on the 25th and then heading for Philly on the 28th. We will be visiting Hans' parents for a little bit before heading to our new home in South Carolina. I know I will miss Germany so very much, but am looking forward to a nice warm summer and hopefully being blessed in our new ward. It's always exciting to meet new people. We will be close to my Aunt Elizabeth. I am looking forward to getting to know her better. Here we come South Carolina! On to the new adventures of life.

Lindsey

5 comments:

lrbodine said...

I'm glad you've had such a wonderful ward to take care of you! Hopefully the new adventure in South Carolina will be wonderful too. What part will you be living in?

Anne and Joe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anne and Joe said...

You write from the heart and it shows. We are sure your friends at the Wiesbaden Ward will miss you as well. Your road begins again, with more adventures to come.....

BTW, Eva really did look cute in that dress and sweater! Wonder where she gets those looks? LOL!!

Mike and Adrianne said...

Beautiful.

Emily Snow said...

You are truly going to be missed by all, Lindsey!